FREE shipping on orders $100+

Care and Safety

Tips for proper burning and how to get the most out of your candle.

  • Always trim the wick to ¼ inch before lighting for each use.
  • When enjoying a candle for the first time, allow wax to melt across the whole surface, from side to side of the container. Please note that this may take up to 4 hours.
  • Only burn the candle for 4 hours maximum for each use, then allow candle to cool for 4-5 hours before relighting.
  • Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Trim wick before your next use.
  • Store your candle in a dry, cool place.

Candle safety to prevent fire or injury:

  • Ensure the candle is on a level, heat resistant surface while burning. You can place the lid underneath the candle for extra protection.
  • Never leave a burning candle out of sight or unattended.
  • Never burn candle on or near anything that is flammable or combustible, including bookshelves and curtains.
  • Make sure the candle is a safe distance from drafts of air such as fans, vents, and windows.
  • Keep out of reach of children and pets. While these candles are made with clean burning ingredients, please note that pets may have allergies to certain scents. Please consult your veterinarian if you suspect this.
  • When the wax level reaches only ¼ in the jar, please discontinue use as failure to do so can be dangerous.

Wax melt safety to prevent fire or injury:

  • Remove all packaging before use. 
  • Only use in tea-light warmers or UL listed electric warmers approved for wax melts. Read and follow all instructions provided on your wax warmer before use.
  • Do not add water or other liquids.
  • Do not melt on stovetop or in no-approved appliances.
  • Use only in well-ventilated areas
  • Keep away from flammable objects.
  • Discontinue use if dish contains less than 1/2" of wax.